Have you had the chance to visit the first phase of the new Student Union? Hundreds of students, faculty, and staff, as well as incoming new students and their families at orientation, have explored the new 142,000-square-foot building since it opened on June 1. The space features the VolShop, VolBooks, and VolTech stores; campus dining; and the Center for Career Development, formerly Career Services.
The second phase, scheduled to open in 2018, will include additional campus dining, event, meeting, and lounge spaces, among other features. Demolition is almost complete on the Carolyn P. Brown Memorial University Center to make room for the second phase.
Seven offices have moved to nearby buildings while the second phase of the Student Union is being built. These offices will stay in these locations until construction finishes in 2018, at which time they will move in to the second phase.
- The Center for Student Engagement, the Center for Leadership and Service, the Student Union administrative offices, and the Student Government Association have moved their offices to the second floor of Dunford Hall.
- The Office of Disability Services has permanently relocated to the first floor of Dunford Hall, in the former Career Services space.
The above offices will host an open house from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 21, to showcase their new spaces and meet members of the campus community. The event will include food, games, and opportunities to meet representatives from each office. The event is open to all students, faculty, and staff.
- UT’s post office and the Central Ticket Office are located on the first floor of Greve Hall, Room G007.
- UCopy Printing and Design Services is located on the first floor of Greve Hall, Room G006.
- UT’s Event Services Office is located in the Panhellenic Building, Room 101. Meeting and programming space reservations can be requested on the Student Union website.
Building hours and additional information can be found on the Student Union website.
For more information on the Student Union construction project, visit Cone Zone.