Applications are now being accepted and a search will soon begin for the next dean of the Tickle College of Engineering.
The dean will also hold the Wayne T. Davis Endowed Dean’s Chair, named in honor of the current dean, who is retiring this summer.
Parker Executive Search will conduct an initial candidate search, with an on-campus committee also taking part.
The campus committee is chaired by Steve Mangum, dean of the Haslam College of Business, and includes:
- Eric Boder, Career Development Associate Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Mark Dean, John Fisher Distinguished Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Ming Jin, Professor, Associate Head, and Director of Graduate Studies, Industrial And Systems Engineering
- Veerle Keppens, Department Head, Professor of Materials Science and Engineering; Director, Joint Institute for Advanced Materials
- Mo Khaleel, Associate Laboratory Director for Energy and Environmental Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Yilu Liu, UT-ORNL Governor’s Chair for Power Electronics
- Rachel McCord, Lecturer and Research Assistant Professor, Engineering Fundamentals
- Kim McCullock, Director of Finance and Administrative Affairs, Tickle College of Engineering
- Thanos Papanicolaou, Professor and Henry Goodrich Chair of Excellence, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Director, Tennessee Water Resources Research Center
- Brian Shupe, Senior Director of Development, Tickle College of Engineering
- Stephanie TerMaath, Assistant Professor and Jessie Zeanah Faculty Fellow, Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering
- Mark Whorton, Director, UT Space Institute
- Steve Zinkle, UT-ORNL Governor’s Chair for Nuclear Materials
Submit letters of nomination, applications (including a letter of interest, full resume or CV, and contact information for at least five references), and expressions of interest to Parker Executive Search.
Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. It is preferred, however, that nominations and applications be submitted before February 23.
Additional information is available on the college’s website.