To enhance safety and expedite fan entry to athletic events, UT is implementing new safety policies for fans bringing bags into all athletic venues, including Neyland Stadium, beginning in August.
Only one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bag per person will be permitted. Fans also will be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
Tennessee Athletics has partnered with Visit Knoxville and Coca-Cola to provide all football season ticket holders with one complimentary bag per household. Additional support is courtesy of Academy Sports and Subway. Fans interested in purchasing an approved clear bag may visit the Official Team Store at Neyland Stadium; VolShop locations in the Student Union, Seventeenth Street and Cumberland Avenue, and University Commons; and other area retailers.
The Southeastern Conference has mandated the new rules to take effect for the 2017 academic year, but UT has joined several other SEC universities, including the University of Alabama, Auburn University, the University of Florida, Louisiana State University, Mississippi State University, the University of South Carolina, and Texas A&M, in implementing the changes for the 2016 season.
No other bags will be allowed inside athletic venues, including Neyland Stadium. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search at the gates.
Other prohibited items:
- Alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles, and coolers
- Outside food, snacks, and beverages
- Radios without headphones
- Open umbrellas
- Video cameras, professional cameras, or cameras with detachable lenses
- Stadium seats with arms or pockets
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives
- Selfie sticks
- Artificial noisemakers
No items can be left or stored at the gates. Fans can bring the following items inside athletic venues, provided they meet the size requirement:
- Cushions or seats without arms or pockets
- Small bags with medically necessary items, subject to search (Note: Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in a clear bag.)
- Small cameras, cell phones, and binoculars
For more information, see the clear bag and prohibited items policy.
Amy Blakely (865-974-5035, email@example.com)