The University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s Advisory Board will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, in the Student Union Executive Dining Room.
Agenda items include:
- Board of Trustees update on the advisory board’s bylaws (tab 16, page 128 of the BOT packet) regarding appointment of a student member
- Proposed process for appointment of a student member to the advisory board
- Appointment of a student member for FY20
- Board of Trustees update on the approval of the process for the Campus Advisory Board to submit a recommendation to the president on the proposed strategic plan (tab 4, page 58 of the BOT packet)
- Board of Trustees update on the approval of the process for the Campus Advisory Board to submit a recommendation to the president on the proposed annual operating budget, including tuition and fees, as related to the campus (tab 3, page 126 of the BOT Finance and Administration Committee packet)
- Strategic plan and Vol Vision metrics update
- Update on budget process
- Comptroller’s report and student programming
- Diversity priorities
- Proposed dates for future meetings
The board will recess for 30 minutes at approximately noon for lunch.
The full agenda and materials for the meeting are available on the chancellor’s website. The meeting will be webcast live and archived for later viewing.
The UT FOCUS Act, passed by the Tennessee General Assembly in April 2018, created an advisory board for each UT campus. The boards are charged with submitting recommendations to the UT System Board of Trustees on campus-level strategic plans, operating budgets, and tuition.
Each campus advisory board includes five public members appointed by the governor, one faculty member appointed by the campus’s Faculty Senate, and one student member appointed by the advisory board.
The public members of the UT Knoxville Advisory Board are Alexia Poe and Tom Smith of Nashville, John Tickle of Bristol, and Syreeta Vaughn and Tim Williams of Knoxville.
The Faculty Senate appointed Louis J. Gross, Chancellor’s Professor and Distinguished Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, to serve as the faculty appointee to the board. Student Body President Ovi Kabir is the student representative.
Anyone with a disability who wishes to attend this meeting can contact Rachel Rui at 865-974-3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request auxiliary aids or services needed to facilitate attendance. Contact may be made in person, by writing, by email, by telephone, or otherwise and should be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT Monday, March 18.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, is distributing this notice in compliance with the public notice requirement of the Tennessee Open Meetings Act.
Tyra Haag (865-974-5460, email@example.com)