Faculty Appreciation Week is February 11–15, and there are a number of special events and discounts planned for faculty and staff.
- Tuesday, February 12—The McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture will host Coffee with the Curator drop-in breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. in the museum lobby. Free coffee and pastries will be served while participants engage in a fun brain activity designed to jumpstart the day.
- Wednesday, February 13—Faculty Pub will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Lauricella Center of Neyland Stadium. There will be free appetizers and a cash-only bar with discounted drinks all evening. Enter at Gate 21A. Limited parking with a UT parking tag is available in Staff Lot 9 on Phillip Fulmer Way beginning at 5 p.m. Tenure-track, nontenure-track, and retired faculty are invited. RSVP here.
- Wednesday, February 13—UT men’s basketball will take on South Carolina at 6:30 p.m. in Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty and staff can receive two free tickets and purchase additional tickets at a group rate of $7. Tickets can be purchased with a staff ID at the ticket window starting February 1. (Seats subject to availability.)
- Wednesday, February 13—VolShop is offering a 30 percent discount on gift and apparel today at its locations in the Student Union, the Neyland Team Shop, University Commons, and the store at 17th and Cumberland Avenue. Must present your faculty or staff ID.
- Thursday, February 14—Teaching and Learning Innovation Luncheon will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Student Union Ballroom A. RSVP here.
- Thursday, February 14—Women’s basketball will take on Auburn at 7 p.m. in Thompson-Boling Arena. Faculty and staff can receive two free tickets and purchase additional tickets at a group rate of $10. Tickets can be purchased with a staff ID at the ticket window starting February 1. UT Athletics has challenged the academic deans to see which college can assemble the largest crowd at the game. (Seats subject to availability.)
- All week—Discount tickets are available for Clarence Brown Theatre’s current production, King Charles III. Tickets are $20 on Wednesday and Thursday; $28 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Visit the CBT box office or call 974-5161 between noon and 5 p.m. Monday–Friday. (Two discounted tickets per person)
- All week—Receive a 10 percent discount in the McClung Museum Store and a $10 discount on membership (an individual membership goes from $30 to $20 and a family membership goes from $50 to $40)
- All week—Show your UT ID to get a free small coffee or fountain beverage with purchase at all campus dining retail locations. (Remember, faculty and staff can swipe their ID for a 15 percent discount year-round at most dining locations. Sign up by submitting this form.)
Amy Blakely (865-974-5034, firstname.lastname@example.org)