The Center for Career Development, Student Disability Services, and the Student Government Association for the second year are partnering on Smokey’s Closet, a clothing closet initiative. Through August 18, the offices are collecting gently used or new professional clothing for UT students to wear to job interviews and career fairs. Last year, the groups collected over 1,500 items and helped over 260 students receive professional clothing.
Smokey’s Closet is looking for:
- Full suits (coats and pants or skirt)
- Contemporary suit jackets or blazers
- Shirts/blouses appropriate to wear underneath a suit coat
- Dress slacks
- Skirts in darker colors such as black, brown, or dark gray
- New dress socks and nylons
Donations can be dropped off at the Student Disability Services office at 915 Volunteer Blvd., 100 Dunford Hall, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Any unusable clothing will be donated to KARM. If you have questions, please call Student Disability Services at 974-6087 or the Center for Career Development at 974-5435.