We need your help to break the Guinness World Record for the world’s largest human letter on Wednesday, March 29, in Neyland Stadium. We’ll attempt to form an enormous Power T with 4,000 people in Neyland Stadium on NBC’s Today show.
Register to participate at tiny.utk.edu/WorldRecord. If you sign up, we’re counting on you to be there, so make sure to show up! Students must register by Friday, March 24, to ensure eligibility for all prizes.
There will be plenty of activities to keep you entertained including breakfast, giveaways, music, an appearance by football coach Butch Jones, and a chance to get your picture with Smokey X. You’ll also receive a commemorative “World’s Largest Power T” shirt which you will put on over what you are wearing for the record-breaking event.
Here are just a few of the giveaways, and more will be announced:
Every student will receive:
- One loyalty point through Big Orange Tix
- One T-Credit through Student Rewards
Everyone in attendance will receive:
- Volshop 25 percent off coupon
- Volunteer Dining coupons for Dippers and Twisted Taco
Prizes for selected attendees:
- Pizza party with Coach Butch Jones for the residence hall with highest percentage resident participation
- On-field experience for Orange & White spring scrimmage
- Parking permits for the Orange & White spring scrimmage
- Autographed footballs
- Autographed basketballs
- $250 book award for fall 2017 semester
- $50 Dining Dollar gift cards
- VolShop T-shirts
- Laptop cases
- Tablet cases
- Pen and memo sets
- Travel mugs
- Long sleeve Nike T-shirts
Getting to the Stadium
You must arrive at Neyland Stadium by 5:30 a.m. and commit to stay until 8:45 a.m. when the Today show segment concludes. If you live on campus or in Fort Sanders, you can use the T to get to the stadium. Shuttles will run starting every five minutes at 4:30 a.m. There will be two routes and you can be picked up from these bus stop locations:
Route 1 (West Campus Residence Halls and Greek Life Housing)
- Sorority Village
- The Bubble
- HPER Building
- Thornton Athletic Center
Route 2 (The Fort Sanders Area)
- 17th Street at White Avenue (best pickup for Clement Hall residents)
- Corner of 17th Street and Highland Avenue (pickup for private apartments in Fort Sanders)
- Corner of 16th Street and Laurel Avenue (pickup for private apartments in Fort Sanders)
- White Avenue in front of Volunteer Hall
You will enter the stadium at Gate 21. Gates open at 5 a.m.
What to Bring
Remember to bring your VolCard ID—this is really important! Everyone must swipe their ID card so we can verify numbers for the Guinness World Record representatives. You should also print your confirmation email or show the email on your phone as you enter the stadium. Try not to bring other items if possible.
If you must bring a backpack for class, you must store it in a designated room in the stadium.