Skip to main content

UT employees’ sons and daughters who come home from other colleges during summer can continue to work on their degrees by taking classes here. UT welcomes visiting students to take a class on campus, abroad, or online. Interested students should check with their home institution to ensure courses will transfer. To apply for the summer semester, students should complete a UT VIP (Vol in Progress) application and submit a letter of good standing from their home institution. Even students who study out of state qualify for in-state tuition while home for the summer. Full instructions are on the Visiting Student page of the Undergraduate Admissions website. Students interested in conducting supervised undergraduate research can find more information on the Office of Undergraduate Research website. Summer employment can be explored through the Center for Career Development office. For more information about summer coursework at UT, contact UT’s summer sessions coordinator Heather Hartman at