The search for the next chancellor is underway.
In order to gain a better understanding of the opportunities and challenges on campus and to hear directly from faculty and staff about the qualities they would like to see in the next chancellor, the search committee invites faculty and staff to participate in one of three listening sessions August 23–24.
The executive search firm assisting the search committee in the process will attend the listening sessions. In addition to the open sessions, opportunities are available to host sessions for specific groups, including Faculty Senate, employee relations groups, and students.
Please plan to attend one of these sessions:
For staff: 2:15–3:15 p.m. Tuesday, August 23
For faculty: 3:30–4:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 23
For all faculty and staff: 3:30–4:30 p.m. Wednesday, August 24
All listening sessions will be held in the Lauricella Center at Neyland Stadium. Please enter the stadium through Gate 21A. An RSVP is not required to attend.
If you are unable to attend, share your input with the committee through the dedicated feedback form on the search website.
The following questions will be asked during each listening session:
- What are you looking for in the next chancellor?
- What are things we should be telling prospective candidates to attract them to the position and university
- What are the current challenges and opportunities at UT?
- Our mission includes education, research and outreach. Is advancing one of these a higher priority than the others for you?
- What additional feedback would you like to share?