The twenty-eighth annual Orange-Blue Blood Drive Battle will take place Monday, November 16, through Friday, November 20. Each year, UT takes on the University of Kentucky in the friendly competition to see which fan base can bring in more blood donations during a five-day period.
The competition began in 1987 as a way for the Medic Regional Blood Center and the Kentucky Blood Center to collect enough blood to adequately supply local hospitals during the holiday season. Blood donations decline during the holiday season, though the need often increases.
Donations will be collected at these locations:
- Monday, November 16—8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the UT Institute of Agriculture, Medic Mobile; 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HPER
- Tuesday, November 17—10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HPER; 1:00–8:00 p.m. in the lobby of North Carrick Hall.
- Wednesday, November 18—10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HPER; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the College of Law Commons area.
- Thursday, November 19—10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HPER; 1:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the Hess Hall lobby.
- Friday, November 20—10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HPER.
All donors will receive a free T-shirt, a coupon for a free Papa John’s pizza, a free admission ticket to East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Fantasy of Trees event, and a coupon for a free appetizer at Texas Roadhouse.
The University of Kentucky has been the winner of the blood drive for the past five years.
For more information about the Medic Regional Blood Center, visit their website.
C O N T A C T :
Felicia Rhodes (865-719-9654, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Katherine Saxon (865-974-8365, email@example.com)