Skip to main content
Blaze

To: UT faculty, staff, and students
From: Susan Martin, provost and senior vice chancellor
Subject: Dean of the College of Law

I want to let you know that Doug Blaze is beginning his final year as dean of the College of Law. He has decided to return to teaching full time, and we look forward to his continued service to the college as a member of the faculty.

The search for a new dean is underway. The goal is to fill the position by July 2015.

Bob Rider, dean of the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences, is chairing the search. Committee members, all from the College of Law, are Teri Baxter, professor; Scott Childs, associate professor and associate dean for library and technology services; Michael Higdon, associate professor and director of legal writing; Alex Long, professor; Teresa Peterson, budget director; Brianna Powell, second-year student; Joy Radice, associate professor; Paula Schaefer, associate professor; and Greg Stein, associate dean for faculty development and the Woolf, McClane, Bright, Allen & Carpenter Distinguished Professor of Law.

Read a full description of the position at Parker Executive Search.