A campus search advisory committee has been formed to work with an executive search firm to find a new dean for the College of Social Work.
Professor David Dupper has served as interim dean since August 2017, following the retirement of former dean Karen Sowers.
Theresa Lee, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, is chairing the search advisory committee.
Other members are:
- Darrell Akins, founder of Akins Public Strategies and chair of the College of Social Work’s Board of Visitors
- Morgan Booker, master’s degree candidate in the College of Social Work
- Shandra Forrest-Bank, associate professor and director of the Social Work Office of Research and Public Service
- Camille Hall, associate professor of social work
- Mary Held, assistant professor of social work
- Ashley Howdeshell, business manager for the College of Social Work
- Lisa Reyes Mason, assistant professor and director of the social work PhD program
- Robert Mindrup, clinical assistant professor and director of the BSSW program
- Bill Nugent, professor and associate dean for research at the College of Social Work
- Ragan Schriver, assistant professor of practice and director of the Knoxville Campus MSSW program
- Elizabeth Strand, clinical associate professor and director of the veterinary social work program
- Stacia West, assistant professor of social work
The College of Social Work began 75 years ago as the Nashville School of Social Work and is now considered the premier college of social work in the state, with campuses in Knoxville and Nashville as well as online study. Its academic programs include a BSSW program in Knoxville, MSSW programs in Knoxville and Nashville, an online MSSW program, an online DSW in clinical practice and leadership, and a PhD in social work in Knoxville. In addition, the college offers the Department of Children’s Services Bachelor of Social Work tuition assistance program; a BSSW honors program; a five-year BSSW-MSSW program; certificate programs in trauma treatment, gerontology, and veterinary social work; and a Tennessee school social work licensure program.
Detailed information about the search will be posted soon on the Human Resources website.