UT has a policy for visitors bringing bags into select campus events and venues—including Neyland Stadium and Thompson-Boling Arena—to enhance safety and expedite entry.
Only one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bag per person will be permitted. Visitors also will be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
Where the bag policy is in effect, no other bags will be allowed. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search.
Other prohibited items:
- Alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles, and coolers
- Outside food, snacks, and beverages
- Radios without headphones
- Open umbrellas
- Video cameras, professional cameras, or cameras with detachable lenses
- Stadium seats with arms or pockets
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket knives
- Selfie sticks
- Artificial noisemakers
No items can be left or stored at entrances. Visitors can bring the following items inside venues, provided they meet the size requirement:
- Cushions or seats without arms or pockets
- Small bags with medically necessary items, subject to search (Note: Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in a clear bag.)
- Small cameras, cell phones, and binoculars
UT works to inform the public about the policy but is not responsible for informing attendees that the policy will apply to a specific event.