Faculty Appreciation Week 2018 will be held February 12–16, and two of the planned events require RSVPs if you want to attend:
- On Monday, February 12, Teaching and Learning Innovation in the Office of the Provost’s Division of Academic Affairs, will host the Faculty Appreciation Week Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Toyota Auditorium of the Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy. The 2017 Chancellor’s Excellence in Teaching award recipients will participate in a panel discussion during the luncheon. Register for the luncheon here.
- On Thursday, February 15, the Faculty Pub will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Lauricella Center of Neyland Stadium. The pub will feature free appetizers and a cash-only bar. In honor of Faculty Appreciation Week, drinks will be discounted during the entire event. For easiest access, enter the stadium at Gate 21A. Limited parking will be available for vehicles with a UT parking tag in Lot 9 on Phillip Fulmer Way beginning at 5 p.m. All faculty—including tenure-track, non-tenure-track, and retired—are invited to attend the pub. RSVP here.
Other Faculty Appreciation Week events and discounts for faculty and staff:
- Tuesday, February 13 — UT men’s basketball vs. South Carolina, 9 p.m., Thompson-Boling Arena. Use your UT ID to claim two free tickets at the arena box office. Additional tickets can be purchased for $7 for upper-level seats and $15 for lower-level seats.
- Wednesday, February 14—The McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture will host an “I Heart UT Faculty and Staff” drop-in breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. in the museum lobby. Free coffee and doughnuts will be served while supplies last.
- Thursday, February 15 —Lady Vols basketball vs. Alabama, 6:30 p.m., Thompson-Boling Arena. Use your UT ID to claim two free tickets at the arena box office. Additional tickets can be purchased for $7 for upper-level seats and $15 for lower-level seats.
- All week—10 percent discount in the McClung Museum Store. Those who purchase a museum membership will receive a free gift.
- All week—25 percent discount on gift and apparel items at the VolShop. Register to win a prize pack that includes a $25 VolShop gift card. The drawing will take place Friday, February 16, and the winner will be announced on the VolShop’s social media pages (VolShop on Facebook; @utvolsop on Twitter and Instagram). The winner must follow the VolShop on at least one of these social media pages to qualify.
- All week —Purchase up to two $16 tickets for the Clarence Brown Theatre’s production of Alabama Story, which runs through February 18. Visit the CBT box office or call 974-5161 between noon and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Additional tickets are available at full price.)
- All week—Show your UT ID to get a free small coffee or fountain beverage with purchase at all campus dining retail locations. (Remember, faculty and staff can swipe their ID for a 15 percent discount year-round at most dining locations. Sign up by submitting this form.)