The Veterans Pre-College Program, funded by the US Department of Education and sponsored by UT’s College Access and Persistence Services (CAPS) Outreach Center, provides free assistance to area veterans who want to attend UT or another school.
Located in an office in the basement of the HPER building, the program offers the free assistance to veterans in 14 East Tennessee counties: Blount, Cocke, Campbell, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier, Union counties.
The Veterans Pre-College Program’s services include:
- Skills and career assessments
- Academic tutoring in math, English, and computers
- Admissions consultation
- Assistance filling out college applications and FAFSA forms
- Help with questions about transcripts
- Help accessing GI BILL or VOC REHAB benefits
- Referral for other veteran services
The office works with about 150 students each year. About 40 percent of those students end up enrolling at UT; many of the others begin their studies at Pellissippi State Community College with plans to transfer to UT.
For more information about the Veterans Pre-College Program, call 974-4466.
Tammi Basile, Veterans Pre-College Program (865-974-3619, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Amy Blakely, (865-974-5034, email@example.com)