- What is the mission or purpose of your student organization?
We provide students of the university with a fantastic way to engage in campus life and build lasting friendships through learning and competing in the sport of rowing.
- What are some notable accomplishments of your student organization?
Our relay team has come in first for the past three Tennessee Indoors events, and we have several athletes that performed at the top of their category in individual races. Our boats consistently win medals at regattas where we compete against other rowing teams from SEC schools.
- Does your student organization have any events planned for this year?
We will be attending three or four regattas this coming fall and spring in both Chattanooga and Oak Ridge. It’s a wonderful way to experience some of Tennessee’s most beautiful bodies of water.
- How can students get involved with or join your student organization?
- Is there anything else that you would like the campus community to know about your student organization?
Rowing is a very rewarding sport, and is a great one to pick up in college if you have never rowed before! We like to say the team is a family to us; you’ll never be bereft of someone to talk to, do homework with, help you move, and so forth. We really try to foster a respectful and friendly environment where everyone can feel welcome, whether you’ve been in our club one day or four years.