You’ve attended orientation, and now it’s time to start preparing for your first semester as a new Vol! Below are fifteen checklist items that you need to complete before you arrive to campus.
- Check your VolMail regularly for e-mails from the university. These messages include important announcements and reminders to help you prepare for move-in and your classes.
- Sign up for UT Alert. More information can be found on the UT Alert page.
- Download the UT mobile app. The app is available for download free from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Complete your technology requirements.
- Read your FYS 100 book, Station Eleven, and work on your first FYS 100 assignment.
- Access One Stop’s cost estimate tool. The tool shows you a breakdown of costs for a year’s worth of attendance at UT, including everything from tuition to personal expenses.
- View charges on MyUTK and set up an e-refund.
YOUR CAMPUS LIFE
- Complete your immunization requirements.
- Purchase a parking permit if needed.
- For accommodations with Student Disability Services, complete the registration form.
- Purchase your textbooks online. You can also purchase your textbooks in person at the VolShop when you arrive on campus.
YOUR CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT
- Contact the Center for Career Development to set up a Hire-a-Vol account if you need to search for part-time employment.
- Get involved on campus by visiting VOLink to learn more about student organizations.
- Read the Hilltopics student handbook to understand your rights as a student and where to go when you need help or have a question.
- Download the “Vol Life” app. The guide includes a schedule of move-in dates and times, “to-do” and “what to bring” lists, and loft and carpet purchase information.