Whether you want to learn more about your job options after college or an opportunity to practice your networking skills, make plans to attend one of the upcoming job fairs hosted by the Center for Career Development. This year’s fairs include the Engineering and STEM Fair; Supply Chain Management Fair; the Business, Retail, and Government Fair; CASNR (Ag) Fair; Construction Science Fair; and Communication Fair.
Here are the top five reasons you should attend a fair:
5. Practice: Attending career fairs before you’re in the market for a job allows you to experience the environment first hand and build confidence. You can observe successful job search behaviors and professional dress options so you’re ready to hit the ground running in the future.
4. Explore Options: Speak to representatives about their industries, jobs, and internships to discover more about the work that appeals to you. Ask about company culture and entry-level opportunities to help define your career goals.
3. Show Your Vol Pride: Talk to employers about your accomplishments inside and outside the classroom. Find out what you still need to gain to become the best candidate.
2. Network: Make professional connections with hundreds of company representatives that attend the fair. Many are UT alumni and are happy to speak with you. Practice your “30-second commercial” with them.
1. Land a job or internship: Rarely will you find so many hiring organizations in one place at one time than at a job fair. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with them face-to-face.
The Center for Career Development kicks off job fair season this week with three of the largest events of the year, the Engineering and STEM Fair; Supply Chain Management Fair; and the Business, Retail, and Government Fair.
Learn how to prepare for a successful job fair on the Center for Career Development website.