UT will institute the same bag policy for concerts and special events at Thompson-Boling Arena that is already in place at athletic events at the arena, Neyland Stadium, and other venues.
The new policy will be enforced at the Maroon 5 music concert set for Wednesday, September 14, at the arena.
Fans attending the concert will be allowed to enter the arena with one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches, or with one clear, one-gallon resealable plastic storage bag per person. Fans also will be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
No other bags will be allowed inside the arena. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search at the gates, and no items can be left or stored at the gates.
The following items are prohibited inside the arena:
- Non-clear bags of any size
- Diaper bags
- Backpacks (of any size)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cans, bottles, coolers
- Outside food, snacks, beverages
- Radios without headsets
- Open umbrellas
- Selfie sticks
- Video cameras
- Professional cameras or cameras with detachable lenses
- Unmanned aircraft
- Large bags or parcels, including backpacks and purses
- Weapons, including pocket knives
- Artificial noisemakers
Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited inside the arena at all times.
The following items are allowed inside the arena:
- Small clutch purses no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches
- Mobile phones
- Binoculars (without case)
- Radios with headsets
- Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children (must be carried in a clear bag)
- Medically necessary items that must be carried in a specific bag (must be checked and approved at Gate C or D)
- Limited use of cameras. This may change from event to event at the direction of the performers and their management.
For more information on the policy, contact the Thompson-Boling Arena management office at 865-974-0953.
Charles Primm (865-974-5180, firstname.lastname@example.org)