With UT’s football season opener moved up two days to Thursday, September 1, there will be some important adjustments to the fall semester academic calendar.
The campus will have an administrative closing on September 1 due to the game. Classes will not be held that day and most campus offices will be closed. This is necessary to accommodate the traffic, parking, and security measures that accompany game day.
To keep the same number of days in the academic calendar, another class day will be added at the end of the semester. This is the game plan:
- Wednesday, November 30—First study day. No classes meet.
- Thursday, December 1—Final day of classes; Deadline for total withdrawal.
- Friday, December 2—Second study day. No classes meet.
- Exams will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 p.m. on Saturday, December 3; from 8:00 to 9:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday, December 5-8; and from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday, December 9.
- Graduate hooding will be held on Thursday, December 8, and the university-wide commencement will be held at 4 p.m. on Friday, December 9.
UT’s first-ever matchup with Appalachian State was moved up to accommodate ESPN and SEC Network needs.
Tennessee hasn’t hosted a Thursday game since 1938.