From wearing orange, to cleaning up campus and enjoying special events, students are invited to celebrate their love for the University of Tennessee during I Heart UT Week April 25–29.
Hosted by Alumni Affairs and the Student Alumni Associates, the annual celebration provides students a chance to relax and have fun during the last week of class with events, activities, and giveaways.
More than fifteen events are scheduled throughout the week. Highlights include:
Monday, April 25: Student Appreciation Day
- Keep Tennessee Orange: Students caught wearing orange by the I Heart UT Prize Patrol will receive a gift.
- Campus Cookout: Free tacos and cupcakes will be served at 5:00 p.m. at the Humanities and Social Sciences Amphitheater.
Tuesday, April 26: Campus Appreciation Day
- I Heart UT Day of Service: Students can help keep UT beautiful during a cleanup from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the UT Gardens.
Wednesday, April 27: Alumni and Donor Appreciation Day
- Thanks for Tanks: Students that write nine thank you cards to university donors at 11:00 a.m. on the Johnson-Ward Pedestrian Walkway will receive an I Heart UT T-shirt while supplies last.
- End of School Student Luau: Student Rewards will host a luau with free food at 6:00 p.m. on Smokey’s Patio inside Lindsey Nelson Baseball Stadium.
- VOLstarter Be a Hero Day: Donors can support UT student, faculty, or staff projects on VOLstarter.
Thursday, April 28: Faculty and Staff Appreciation Day
- Props to Profs: Students can show appreciation for their favorite UT faculty or staff member with a gift and thank-you note provided by Alumni Affairs. Students can pick up the items at 10:00 a.m. on Pedestrian Walkway.
- Chancellor’s Pancake Supper: Chancellor Jimmy G. Cheek and members of his senior staff will serve students breakfast at 9:00 p.m. on the second floor of Hodges Library.
Friday, April 29: Student Appreciation Day
- Last Day Lunch: Student Government Association and Student Alumni Associates will host a free lunch 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the Pedestrian Walkway.
- Volapalooza: The annual end-of-the-school-year concert will return to World’s Fair Park with performances by Portugal. The Man, Raury, Moon Taxi, and Niykee Heaton. A second stage will feature appearances by The Royal Bangs, Tut, Three Star Revival, and Roots of a Rebellion. Tickets are free for opted-in students and $15 for all others. Tickets can be purchased on Knoxville Tickets.
Social media contests will also be part of I Heart UT week. Each day, students can post about different aspects of campus life for a chance to win prizes. Follow @tennalum on Twitter and Instagram to view daily contests.