A gas leak was reported last night at Dabney-Buehler Hall on the Hill. The area was evacuated and the Knoxville Fire Department and Knoxville Utilities Board searched the building. The source of the gas leak was located in a teaching lab and emergency personnel contained the leak.
Another leak was found under a concrete slab outside of Dabney-Buehler.
Buildings have reopened and work has begun on the repairs. Gas will remain turned off in Dabney-Buehler, SERF, Min Kao, Dougherty, Ferris, Pasqua, Estabrook, South Stadium, Earth and Planetary Sciences, Physics, and Hesler until repairs are complete.
Faculty should consult with their department heads if they have questions.