Faculty Appreciation Week begins Monday and runs through Sunday, February 28.
The theme of this year’s celebration is “Going the Extra Mile” to highlight Experience Learning.
Special events are planned throughout the week and some of them are already accepting reservations. A number of discounts will also be available for faculty during the week. See the Faculty Appreciation website for all of the details.
Also, watch Tennessee Today next week for stories about selected faculty members from each college and the popular “shout out” feature where the university community can leave kudos for faculty who have gone the extra mile for them.
Here are some of the events planned for the week:
Monday, February 22
- Experience Learning lunch and poster session, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Stokely Hospitality Suite (Room 501), Haslam Business Building. Register for this free event, which will feature presentations by Lee Martin, a professor of practice in the College of Engineering, and Cary Staples, a professor of art, both of whom are actively involved in experiential learning projects.
- Free donuts and coffee will be provided for faculty from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at booths near Ayres Hall, on the Pedestrian Walkway near Volunteer Boulevard, and near Morgan Hall. The Student Alumni Associates and the Office of Alumni Affairs are sponsoring this effort.
Wednesday, February 24
- Gallery of Excellence and Reception, 4:30 to 6:00 p.m., Frieson Black Cultural Center. Plan to attend this exposition of diversity-related research, hosted by the Office for Diversity and Inclusion and co-sponsored by the Office of Research and Engagement and the Office of the Provost. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided.
Thursday, February 25
- Faculty Pub, 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., West Club of Neyland Stadium. All tenured, tenure-track, non-tenure-track, and retired faculty are invited for free appetizers, a cash bar, and networking. Enter the stadium at Gate 19 for easiest access. Limited parking will be available for vehicles with a current UT parking permit in Lot 9 on Phillip Fulmer Way beginning at 5:00 p.m. RSVP by Monday, February 22.
- Open house in the VolShop textbook store in the Student Union, noon to 2 p.m. Visit the textbook office, meet course materials managers and staff. Learn about faculty adoptions process, inclusive access, and digital course materials. Refreshments will be provided and door prizes will be awarded every thirty minutes.
Friday, February 26
- Experience Learning breakfast, 8:00 a.m., Frieson Black Cultural Center. Register for this free roundtable breakfast to hear from colleagues and students already involved in Experience Learning projects.
Saturday, Feb. 27, and Sunday, Feb. 28
- Faculty and staff can get discounted tickets for the men’s basketball game vs. Arkansas on Saturday and the Lady Vols basketball game vs. Georgia on Sunday. Enter the promo code VOLS4UTK at UTTix.com to get $15 100-level seats and $7 300-level seats.