Several events on campus today and this weekend have been canceled with organizers citing winter weather concerns.
The cancelled events include:
- The College of Architecture and Design planned to host Matthew McMahon at 2:30 p.m. today for “Planting Thoughts: Approaches to Vegetation in Contemporary Landscape.”
- Tre Hargett was to present the Tennessee Blue Book dedicated to the late Sen. Howard Baker Jr. at noon today. This event will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Fifteen teams comprising more than 100 students will compete in the seventh annual Tennessee High School Ethics Bowl on Saturday, February 13. The event was postponed from January 23 because of winter weather in the area.
- Digital media and design expert Tom Scheinfeldt’s public lecture as part of the Illuminations Digital Humanities Series has been rescheduled for April 22.
- The spring semester’s first installment of the Ready for the World Music Series scheduled for Sunday, January 24, has been canceled and will be rescheduled for a later date.
- US Geological Survey expert Jerad Bales’ lecture scheduled for Monday has been canceled.
- The International Championship Collegiate Acappella South Quarterfinals, originally scheduled for Saturday, January 23, has been cancelled. This event may be rescheduled at a later date. Further information can be found at Varsity Vocals’ website. You may also check the Concert Line at 865-974-5678 or the School of Music website for updated event information.
Please contact organizing offices for the status of other events.