Five finalists for the position of dean of the College of Law will visit campus over the next two weeks.
The candidates are:
- Brenda V. Smith, professor of law at American University
- William Corbett, the Frank L. Maraist Professor of Law and Wex S. Malone Professor of Law, Louisiana State University
- Melanie Wilson, professor of law and associate dean for academic affairs, University of Kansas
- John A. Lovett, the Devan D. Daggett Jr. Professor of Law and associate dean for faculty development and academic affairs, Loyola University New Orleans
- Donald D. Weidner, dean of the College of Law, Florida State University
As part of their visits, each candidate will lead a public forum for the campus community and respond to questions following their presentation.
Each forum will be recorded. Once all candidates have completed their visits, archived video of the presentations will be posted online.
The goal is for the new dean to start work in July 2015.
More information on the candidates and a schedule of their campus visits is available at the law dean search page.