Libby Hicks is the newest staff member to join the Division of Student Life. She began her position as wellness coordinator in the Center for Health Education and Wellness earlier this month. She is excited to collaborate with students and professionals, both on campus and in the community, to develop new educational and outreach programming. Libby also coordinates the Volunteers Speak Up! initiative and oversees the Vols 2 Vols peer health educator group.
Background: Libby earned her bachelor’s degree in biology from San Diego State University and recently graduated with a master’s in public health from the University of Missouri. While working on her master’s degree, she oversaw a peer education and advocacy group focusing on sexual health.
Here are a few interesting facts about Libby:
- Hometown: Jefferson City, Missouri
- Hobbies: Rugby, playing fetch with my dogs, and gardening.
- One interesting fact about you: I once took a three-week road trip across the country with my German Shepherd, Brody, as my co-pilot.
- Favorite travel destination: Home. I love to travel and see new things but nothing beats the feeling of returning home.
- Favorite song: “Kiss” by Prince
- Favorite movie: Really? Just one? I suppose Terminator 2 would be at the top.