Skip to main content

Rickey Hall, vice chancellor for diversityTo: The UT Community
From: Rickey Hall, Vice Chancellor for Diversity
Subject: Religious Holidays and Observances

As we begin this academic year I am asking members of the UT community to be aware of religious holidays and observances, especially as you plan events and class programs.

We are a diverse community with students, faculty, and staff commemorating various events and traditions that are of importance to their particular religion. In the event a conflict occurs, students or employees should notify their instructors or supervisors as soon as the conflict becomes apparent.

Accommodations that do not interfere with the academic integrity of a course or the functioning of an office may be provided at the discretion of the faculty member or supervisor.

You can find a list of frequently referenced religious holidays and observances and dates on the Vice Chancellor for Diversity website. The holidays and observances listed are not intended to be exhaustive.