Skip to main content

To: UT Students, Faculty, and Staff
From: Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
Subject: Power Outage Impacting Part of Campus

We are dealing with a power outage that began this morning and has impacted approximately twenty buildings on campus, including several large classroom facilities.

At this point, classes are continuing in the impacted buildings until further notice.  We anticipate restoring power in the next two to three hours.

The primary buildings impacted are the Art and Architecture Building, Humanities and Social Science Building, Thornton Athletic Center, McClung Tower and Plaza, Brenda Lawson Athletic Center, Clarence Brown and Carousel Theatres, Dunford Hall, Student Health Building, McClung Museum, Ceramics Building, Temple Hall, and Natalie L. Haslam Music Center. All houses on Fraternity Row are also impacted.

The Student Health Building is open and the primary services are not impacted.

Faculty with scheduled classes are asked to hold their sessions if possible, but to use discretion based on the available light and resources in their classroom.

We will keep the campus up to date on the situation and let everyone know of any other changes that may impact campus operations.

For more information or to report additional information, call 865-946-7777.