The University of Tennessee Community of Gerontology Scholars invites you to attend its 2008 research showcase, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18, at the new Burlington Library nursing facility located at 4614 Asheville Highway in Knoxville.
If you are interested in the physical, mental, social, economic, legislative/organizational policy, and/or spiritual factors related to healthy aging, then this showcase has something for you.
Presentation topics include:
- UTK, Gerontology, and the Community by Dr. Sandra McGuire
- Community Involvement by Cynthia Finch, LMSW, CCM, CME
- In Sickness and in Health: A Lifetime of Farm Work by Deborah B. Reed, PhD, RN
- Healthy Aging through Volunteering by Dr. Jan W. Brown
- Partnerships for Health Promotion Research by Dr. Becky Fields
- Residential Decisions among Older Adults by Dr. Shu-li Chen
The event is free and everyone is welcome. Refreshments will be served.
For directions to the facility, please call 525-5431.