UT’s Dance Marathon organization is auctioning UT-themed items and opportunities this week to raise funds for East Tennessee Children’s Hospital’s hematology and oncology clinic.
Dance Marathon, the largest student-run philanthropy on campus, has been held every year since 1995 and has raised $850,000 so far for the clinic. The all-night dance marathon itself will take place this year from 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22 to 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 23.
The auction is being held on eBay now through Friday, Feb. 1.
The seven items in the auction include:
- Two pairs of field passes for a UT home football game during the 2008 season,
- A walk-through pass for a UT home football game during the 2008 season,
- An opportunity for a young boy between the ages of 8 and 12 to be a UT "ball boy" for a men’s basketball game,
- A pair of guest coach passes alongside Coach Pat Summitt for a game during the 2008-09 Lady Vols basketball season,
- A "Flex 20 Pack" of tickets for the 2008 UT baseball season, and
- A pair of reserved tickets for a 2008 Lady Vols softball game.