KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — New storm water permit applications for Tennessee businesses will be explained in workshops this month at locations throughout the state.
The workshops are a project of the University of Tennessee Center for Industrial Services and the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation.
As permits expire in 1997, new regulations for receiving a permit take effect.
Workshop topics will include the application process, basics of storm water management, monitoring and sampling requirements, pollution prevention techniques, employee training and timelines for compliance.
Cost of the workshop is $125, including lunch and an up-to-date manual of storm water regulations.
Workshops will be held at the following locations, beginning at 8:30 a.m.:
* Johnson City — Feb. 11, Holiday Inn, 101 W. Springbrook Drive.
* Knoxville — Feb. 12, UT Conference Center, 600 Henley St.
* Chattanooga — Feb. 13, Holiday Inn Choo-Choo, 1400 Market St.
* Memphis — Feb. 18, Adams Mark Hotel, 939 Ridgelake Blvd.
* Jackson — Feb. 19, Sheraton Old English Inn, 2267 No. Highland Ave.
* Nashville — Feb. 20, Nashville State Technical Institute, Clement Auditorium, 120 White Bridge Road.
For more information, contact the UT Center for Industrial Services at (615) 532-8657.